Officine Panerai was founded in 1860 by Giovanni Panerai a watchmaker who created Radiomir – the first substance to give luminosity to dials. Today the storied house designs highly functional timepieces that recall vintage diving instruments.
Storied brand Officine Panerai creates highly functional timepieces that were originally used by Italian naval officers. This ‘Luminor 1950‘ design has a 47mm brushed-titanium case fitted with a black dial and luminous markers – the sizeable face ensures maximum legibility both in and out of the water. The in-built hand-wound mechanical P.2006/3 movement drives the rattrapante function, which allows you to simultaneously measure two different timings using the slim blue and white hands – one is controlled by the button at the eight o’clock mark, and the second by the button at the 10 o’clock mark. This model has a power reserve of eight days and a linear indicator that showcases how much is left.
Offered with a two-year warranty for all working parts and any manufacturing faults.
With a price tag of £19,100 it’s not for everyone but a ‘Select Few’
DETAILS & CARE
- Swiss-made P.2006/3 calibre hand-wound mechanical movement with 8-day power reserve
- 32 jewels, 28,800 Vph
- Glucydur® balance wheel, Incabloc® anti-shock device
- Hour, minute, small seconds and rattrapante hands
- Seconds sub dial and reset
- Black dial, luminescent numerals and indices
- Brushed titanium case
- Screw-in crown with protective latch for time adjustments and manual winding
- Scratch-resistant corundum sapphire crystal
- Sapphire crystal caseback
- Buckle-fastening black rubber strap
- Case diameter: 47mm
- Water resistance: 10 bar
- Reference number: PAM00530
- Manufactured in Switzerland