Often men shy away from ‘dressing for their body type’ instead reaching for what they like the most, whether that be brand or wash. It’s simple and has minimal method – it’s called ‘getting the job done’.
However, a little precision can go a long way. Jeans are a man’s go-to safe item and the right pair for your body can work wonders, transforming ill-fitting and worn out jeans into flattering and timeless denim.
1. Less is more – when in doubt, reach for a clean, dark rinse
2. Always buy a size down – jeans will stretch after washing
3. Cuff your jeans when fabric is selvedge
4. And a tip for the precious..the cleaner the seam, the smoother it will feel on the skin, so have a pre-purchase peek inside!
SLENDER (SLIM & AVERAGE HEIGHT)
– A low-rise jean is ideal for you. They will sit below the natural waist, often on the hip bones
– A straight cut low-rise will also give a couple of extra inches of room through the leg
– Slightly flared jeans will also flatter by creating the illusion of a better defined silhouette
– Rear back pockets will also help to bulk you up
– Straight cut jeans and low-rise skinnies are your best friend. Their flat front and straight leg show off your body best
– Straight cuts sit at the waist and will also slim the thighs
– Straight cut jeans are extremely versatile and can be paired with pretty much anything
– Subtle, looser cuts show off the shape of a toned body
– Wide leg jeans are ideal for you, as they sit at the natural waist and have a loose fit around the thighs
– Steer clear of jeans that are clingy or tight, as they will make you look too bulky